Friday, October 28, 2011

Dreaming of a White Halloween

What the hell?! Snow on Halloween? According to the weatherman, the northeast is set to get walloped with as much as a foot of snow in some areas over the weekend.

I know some haunters contend with these early snowfalls every year, but according to reports for the New York area this would be the earliest recorded snowfall since the Civil War!

Fortunately, I'm in one of the areas scheduled to get "only" 1" to 6" of snow and that by Halloween the weather should turn downright balmy with lots of sunshine and temperatures in the 40's. So if we do get a small amount snow over the weekend, it may be melted come Monday and with the nice weather predicted we may still get a decent turnout of trick-or-treaters.

If there's snow on the ground, though, I know my wife will be pushing me to clear out the Halloween props faster than I already do and start putting up Christmas ones. This could be worse than seeing Christmas decorations in the store right after the back to school sales are finished.

2 comments:

  1. Holy CARP! Snow? Say it5 aint so. Now how do I get Kyle off the TV with his lame movie so I can put on Trick r' Treat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are expecting snow tonight in Quebec too. Hopefully, the estimated quantity is minimal here (under 1"). I hope the snow won't spoil your Halloween...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */