Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Alice in Wonderland Halloween Costumes

In my other life when I'm not making groundbreakers, reapers, and tombstones, I write investment articles for The Motley Fool and one of the sectors I cover is the toy industry. What's neat about this is that when I'm discussing Hasbro (HAS), for example, I'm able to talk about revenues and earnings or free cash flow and returns on equity, but in the same breath I'm also mentioning Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head.

A few years ago I hit the big toy show in New York City and was able to tour the facilities of JAKKS Pacific (JAKK), the maker of one of the biggest toy hits of the past two years: EyeClops night vision goggles. Those things were way cool!

Well I just got an email from them this afternoon announcing they're coming out with Halloween costumes this year based on the Tim Burton "Alice in Wonderland" movie. While I'm not so surprised about this -- I figured the characters would easily lend themselves to costumes -- it was nice to see the industry, or JAKKS rather, thinking about Halloween so early in the year. So I figured I'd share with you what those costumes look like as well.

Rich

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */